Quick Update

Discussion in 'News And Announcements' started by DarkDesigner, Oct 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DarkDesigner

DarkDesigner Network Owner
    Network Owner

Hello Survivors. Before we get to the actual topic I just want to say that I'm really thankful for having this opportunity to own such a server. Big thanks to KyleKraft who made this possible, the staff members of SurvivalState and last but not least all the players.

As you've noticed SurvivalState has been going on a "down-grade" lately and there are some reasons behind that. I'm not going to mention everything but some of them are the lack of updates, new features and so on. What we haven't mentioned is that SurvivalState will be updating to 2.0 soon. What does this mean? Well, it means that we are getting out of beta and we're working on some new things such as new features for the towny server, a new lobby, new art and possibly a new website. With this, I'd like to also mention that SurvivalState will be adding a new server/gamemode to the network! A poll will open soon where you can choose the options that we've got in mind. Stay tuned!

Thanks for everything! Have a nice time.

2. Javious

Javious Bronze

3. Minions24

Minions24 Bronze
    Helper

cool dark <3

4. ninjakiller94

ninjakiller94 Bronze

Nice. I would like a request for a new game mode to be on the server. I would be very happy if you could add a survival games added into it in the near future

5. Exploitated

Exploitated Bronze
    Builder

6. BlueBravoBayonet

Like your profile pic xD

7. Strix

Strix Bronze
    Helper

That sounds intriguing Dark! If I may make a suggestion, I'd like to request that there be more depth to towns and nations as a whole. Right now, it seems that owning/being part of a nation is nothing more than a tagline. Since this is a Towny Server, I was hoping there'd be more...value in Nations? Things like War, Government, and stuff like that are more word of mouth than something integral.
    I imagine that if there were things like world wars, it's give players an incentive to form relationships that are vital between separate nations to preserve peace. And if there are rivalries (friendly of course) they will have more of an impact.
    In addition, that in and of itself will encourage players to form their own nations to compete with others. Which in turn provides more player interaction which will keep players coming back for more Towny.
    Also, the limited amount of Town Blocks (yes, Strix is still humming and hawing about Town Blocks lol) restricts overall growth. Which is further restricted by the fact that if a player leaves, the town is stuck with all the stuff they left behind, with no ability to remove it. Thus, rendering the area claimed by the player that deserted unusable. Which then limits space for new players. Asydria is a great example of this very issue.
    On the other hand, there should be benefits to remaining a nomad. Staying out of towns is actually a BIG risk. Yeah you get privacy, but if someone finds your land, it can be raided no problem since there's no protection in the Wild.
    A benefit I could recommend is a small amount of non-increasable town blocks. (Like 4-16) Just for protection.
    Finally, keeping to the theme of enhancing the Towny experience, I feel increasing the job system to benefit more actions. Right now, we've only got maybe 2 or 3 jobs worth ever having worthwhile. Those being Miner, Woodcutter, and Fisherman (fish farms man...fish farms)
    It'd be nice to earn money for other things like quests. Server quests are a good idea, but I believe we can expand upon that by extending the ability to offer quests by Mayors/Kings. Giving them more of a sense of purpose.
    Imagine being a Mayor in your town and saying to yourself "Hey, we really need a bridge over to that island to grab some Pigs" and (similar to the chest shop system) Making a sign that another player can click to accept that job while locking other players out of it, so that they can do it. (If multiple people are needed, a capacity parameter isn't a bad idea. ex. 2 capacity means the job will lock after 2 players take the job.)
    Then, after the job is complete, the mayor can do...something (maybe type the command or click the sign?) and those players can get paid. If the job is incomplete or done wrong, breaking the sign could cancel the job! Good idea right? :)
    I've got tons more ideas but this is the bread and butter of them. Let me know what you think!
    -Strix

8. Strix

Strix Bronze
    Helper

Suggestions for /jobs (I forgot lol)
    -Soldier: Earn money for PvP. Very good for soldiers, bounty hunters, and other non-hunter kills.
    -Redstoner: Earn money for Redstone. Very difficult to describe but maybe give a small, non spam-worthy amount of money for completing a redstone circuit? That way, someone can't do too well just by spamming redstone dust on the ground lol
    (I've seen this implemented on IDMC's server, but didn't explore it in-depth...because ST is better) xD
    -Mystic: Earn money for enchantments. There's not much reason for personally enchanting things anymore. That can easily be fixed with this incentive.
    -Scientist: Earn money for making potions. Same thing with the Mystic idea.
    -Blacksmith: Earn money for making armours and tools.
    -Excavator: Similar to miner, but gives smaller amounts of money but for more abundant blocks. (Dirt/Gravel/Stone/Minerals)
    There are more, but I don't want to drone on for too long.
    I suggest a look at this YouTube video for more great suggestions to implement into the Towny system

memaynor likes this.
  9. DhruvSujatha

DhruvSujatha Bronze

Looking forward to this update :D

10. Thatguysamih

Thatguysamih Bronze

Really love ur idea dark hope this server continues to grows and becomes the best it can be :)

DarkDesigner likes this.
  11. Schrado

Schrado Silver

The beginning of this post sounds like a notice that the server will be shut down XD Glad you said upgraded instead :D

12. David jonhson

David jonhson Bronze

Well can u make a pvp place

13. DarkDesigner

DarkDesigner Network Owner
    Network Owner

There is already a PvP arena. /Warp PvP